Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"Tea in the Garden"

"Tea in the Garden"

5 x 7 Oil on Panel

$45

Yesterday, for painting # 4, I went into the garden searching for some flowers to paint and saw that I still had a few miniature zinnias in bloom. I put them along with some plumbago that resembles hydrangea in a little china teacup, thinking that I would do a little delicate floral still life. I painted for hours and to my dismay, it looked quite awful. I finally simplified it somewhat and with tongue in cheek, added a tea bag and named it happily, "Tea in the Garden". I even painted dirt around the tea cup! Sometimes plans just change and even though I am not amazed or over-joyed with this effort, at least it has a bit of humor! On to bigger and better things, I hope for tomorrow. 

5 comments:

  1. Awww, I love your teapot with flowers. It's a lovely painting and I'm enjoying each day I get to paint at the same time you are painting. How cool is it that we can be painting buddies across the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sense of color you have Egretta. I love the movement in this and i enjoyed seeing your sunflowers.
    thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egretta, I'm with you on the zinnias - I find them difficult to paint too! I'm following your paintings in this 30/30 challenge, too. Love those sunflowers that you paint! I missed a painting for today - too many family things popped up. That's OK with me. We can miss a few days here and there - this should be FUN as well as challenging. I'm learning that the nicest thing about the challenge is getting to know about other artists and their work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Phyllis, Julie and RoseAnn,
    It is fun as well as challenging, as RoseAnn says. Everyone please check out the above artists; they are awesome, and I am glad I have "met" them through this challenge. I, too, will miss a few days posting when things come up, but that is to be expected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its dainty and feminine and looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete