Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Monday, September 23, 2013

"Begonia with Garden Rocks"


"Begonia with Garden Rocks"

8 x 8 Oil on Canvas Panel

$65

This painting is number 23 in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. It is a bit bigger than I have been painting, but I am out of my favorite 5 x 7 size. It is harder to photograph this size, and may take a bit longer to paint, too. Have you ever heard of "Artist Elbow"? It is basically like Tennis Elbow and I've had it a few times from long hours of painting. But I am progressing not only to a sore arm, but the whole shoulder! My doctor blames everything that happens to me (mostly allergies on my painting) and even  once asked if I would quit for a while! I laughed. Ha! How can an artist NOT paint? I'm sure the shoulder and arm will get better on its' own. Pass the W-D 40 please!

4 comments:

  1. Maybe if you go back to watercolor it will be less stress? At least it won't aggravate your allergies; the reason I don't paint with oils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That may be true, although I have trouble with the arm, elbow, etc. off and on. Maybe just old age! I am using water soluble oils with walnut oil as medium, and water. You don't notice odor at all, but I happen to have lots of allergies, so who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Egretta - your begonia painting is beautiful. Sorry about your "Artist Elbow" - I have had something similar. Got a soft brace to put just below the elbow and it helped tremendously...got mine at a Wal Mart in the pharmacy . Hope you can find one...my doctor recommended it. Take care and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a beautiful job with this begonia. The flower on the farthest left particularly appeals to me. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete