Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Sunday, September 1, 2013

"Sunflower Trio"

"Sunflower Trio"

5 x 7 Oil on panel

$55

Today is the first day of 30 Paintings in 30 Days, a challenge started by Leslie Saeta and in which many artists are participating. I have committed to try and do this challenge and this is my first painting. Each day, all month, I will attempt to post a new oil painting. They will be small, as I will be working in oils and will also be doing my regular large scale watercolors, too. For this first painting, I bought some sunflowers at the market for models and they are so beautiful that I will keep using them in different ways as long as they last. I will feature flowers in all 30 paintings in some way, whether as the main subject or to enhance other subjects. Flowers make me smile, so need I say more? I hope they also make you smile and your comments are welcome. Pop over to http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/  to view other artists paintings and follow what is happening for the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge!

3 comments:

  1. I bet Van Gogh didn't have a deadline when he was painting HIS sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely, Sunflowers are some of my fave flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your sunflower painting, its very cheerful and who wouldn't like sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete