Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Thursday, September 5, 2013

"Hibiscus Duet"



"Hibiscus Duet"

5 x 7 Oil on Panel

$55

The Hibiscus is one of the prettiest tropical flowers of all! Yesterday after my morning swim at KOA, I noticed a huge pot newly planted with a beautiful Hibiscus bush and I had to pick a bloom. Forgive me, KOA! The blooms only last one day, so if you want to capture one on canvas, you must get to work and I did, making it a duet....isn't the harmony of two better than solo, often times? So this is painting number 5 in the 30 in 30 challenge. Your comments are appreciated. Buying it will  be even more appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. Just love this one so pretty Egretta.. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to show the hibiscus - as a pair or I love the way you said it - a duet.
    Beautiful colors in this lovely painting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colouring of the hibiscus and how you have painted them!

    ReplyDelete