Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Monday, September 9, 2013

"A Snuggled Bouquet"

"A Snuggled Bouquet"

12 x 12 Oil on Canvas

$135

Hydrangeas are a favorite of mine and I have finally got several plants going in my garden. I love to bring the blooms inside and also to hang them upside down to dry. They dry beautifully. I added some  Fall looking zinnias to this arrangement of blooms, all nestled together. The color combination is nice and the shapes of different petals interesting. Hope you like this painting and your comments are very appreciated! This is number 9 in the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.

4 comments:

  1. I love that you mixed the hydrangeas with zinnias. The colors play so well next to each other.
    It reminds me to pull out some photos of beautiful hydrangeas I saw in earlier California this summer.
    Be fun to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your very kind comment on my blog. It is fun to meet new people through this challenge. I will be on the look out for more of your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty mix of flowers in your painting.

    ReplyDelete