Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

"In From The Garden"

" In From The Garden"

5 x 7 Oil on Panel

$55

Here is number 3, on the 3rd Day of 30 Paintings in 30 Days! I still have the beautiful sunflowers in the studio and for this painting, I partnered a bloom with a little boy's vintage boot. Not only do sunflowers make me smile, but think of some cute little boy of long ago wearing leather boots like this, picking him mother a pretty sunflower. Paintings that tell a story or evoke pleasant memories are always the most special! Hope you enjoy this. Your comments are appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Egretta,
    I like your story and your painting. I like the way the warm in the background balances the gold in the sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the subject you've chosen. It reminds me of being outside in the garden having fun.

    ReplyDelete