Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Saturday, October 2, 2010

"Rock House"
Watercolor and micron pen sketch from my sketchbook, NFS

Hi everyone! I've only had one comment about the abstracts.
I am working on a very big watercolor still, so am posting things you might find interesting until I complete it. This sketch was done from photos taken in Northern Ireland. Everywhere you look in N. Ireland, you find an interesting subject to draw or paint! I love laying in a quick wash of color and then going over my pencil lines with ink. All at once the drawing just comes to life. I am beginning to get my new sketch book quite full of drawings and also am using it to plan my big watercolors.

There was much to do before I could start the watercolor painting! I first sat up a still life of antique items. I have quite a collection of antiques, so it was pick and choose. Finally after almost a whole day, I had it sat up satisfactorily and then I did a sketch in the sketch book, planning shadows, etc. I adjusted the lighting several times and made a few other placement changes. Then I had to do a rather detailed drawing on my Arches paper. Finally, time to paint! Hopefully by tomorrow I can start showing you how it is coming. This is not going to be fast!

Have a beautiful weekend. I will be going to church tomorrow morning  and then painting in the afternoon. It isn't Fallish here, but the weather is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment