Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Antique Tea Kettle"

      
Here is print #2
"Antique Tea Kettle" $50

This tea kettle was drawn with pen and ink and matches the print I put on yesterday. It is number 2 in a series of six prints. My grandmother used a tea kettle just like this, and I have it! It is iron, very heavy and in great condition. Iron utensils and pots never wore out and were probably healthier to cook in than the teflon we tend to use today. Plus, you would get a nice workout lifting them!

I'm still busy working on the large watercolor and it is looking good so far. There is still much work to be done, however, so stay tuned and soon I will post it.  I hope you will sign up as a
Follower if you are new to my blog and enter my painting give away. Scroll down to read about it.

 

1 comment:

  1. I like your prints; I like the shading and think they're really interesting!

    ReplyDelete