Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Purple Tucked Away"
10 x 13 mixed media on paper $200 SOLD

I am so busy right now with a series of large watercolors that for a few days I am posting some older abstracts. Most are sold, but you can get some idea of my "other life" as an abstract painter.
Many people love abstract paintings and others don't understand them at all. Just what is an abstract? Well, the word means "separate from" or "the essence of'", so really an abstract work of art is composed of the elements of art applied in a pleasing, coherent, interesting way. Line, color, space, form,etc. are the tools used by the artist. Subject matter is of no importance, unless of course it is reduced to shape and form.

Well, I hope you will begin to enjoy abstracts if you haven't before. They are just as hard to do as any other type of painting! I was pleased with this painting when I did it, and hope you like it. Give me some comments!!

1 comment:

  1. I love it, love it (had to say it twice)!! You have so many wonderful pieces.

    ReplyDelete