Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Tuesday, September 14, 2010


"From Behind an Oak"
9 1/2 x 12 1/2 watercolor, unframed $40
Hi Everyone! I'm back from a week in Minnesota. That is why I haven't posted anything in a few days. I dug this little watercolor out of my old stash so I would have something to post today! I did manage to do a sketchy watercolor painting in my sketch book on the airplane, can you believe?We were lucky to have an empty seat in the row, so I could spread out a little, so I was painting away. The flight was only three hours, but I managed a quick little thing---I will post it tomorrow.
The weather was cooler in Minnesota, thank goodness, and we went to Marigold Days in historic Mantorville. Such a beautiful little town with so many 1800's buildings and homes, all restored. The one room school is now a cafe and we had lunch there. Many, many antique dealers were sat up and lots to see. Back now, have mowed already and am almost ready to start painting. Took loads of photos for reference. I will post some later and will be painting from some of them from time to time. Traveling is great and I get all reeved up with all kinds of creative ideas , but it is kind of good to be back in the studio, too. Watch for new postings!

No comments:

Post a Comment