Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Friday, September 17, 2010


"Old Pier at Ft. Pierce"
9 x 22 watercolor, matted and framed $500
This painting was done plein air at Ft. Pierce before this pier was destroyed by a hurricane. I started with a full sheet of paper with sky at the top, but it just didn't work well, so I cut the paper down and made a long, narrow painting, had a wide mat cut for it and painted details leading into the painting on the mat. I thought it turned out quite nicely and the rocks lead the eye right into the painting!I masked out the sea gull, so it is basically the white of the paper, as well as the foamy water. SOLD
Sorry, this one is already sold, but I may have others similiar, so scroll down and be sure to look at older posts, going back to March. Click on any painting to see the details. Enjoy looking and know that I truly enjoy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment