Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Tuesday, September 21, 2010


CONTEMPORY PAINTING
"I'm Into Leaves"
11 x 14 acrylic on canvas $55
It looks pretty nice here, but in real life, I was not pleased with this effort! I think the concept was interesting--I had in mind to do three stripes of colors, with the biggest being greens, then reds, then blues. So, after painting that in, I painted the tree branch basically up the middle with leaves on it. I felt it was too busy, so I tried to make the eye focus on the right side of the canvas. At the last minute, I added the horizontal yellow strokes of paint to further move the eye right. What do you think? success or failure?
Keep in mind that it isn't supposed to be realistic--I am interested in design and color here. Comments appreciated. Click on it to see details.

1 comment:

  1. I love it - the colours are very striking and it's very eye catching / very appealing. I hope you do more! ((I'm a big fan of all your work!))

    ReplyDelete