Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Tuesday, August 24, 2010


"Still Life with Begonia"
9 x 12 acrylic on hardboard $125
Yesterday I had 4 light bulbs burn out in my studio, so I went to Home Depot to get some and saw this Begonia. I just love the reds in the leaves so thought I would have to get it and do a painting with it in the painting. I used a chenille piece on bottom and in the container holding the Begonia is a tatted piece. I had the granite ware from the antique shop. I thought the chenille would be really hard to do, but it really wasn't and it looks fluffy like chenille. I used a lot of different colors in the undercoat. This was really fun to do and I think it turned out nicely, too. click on it to see the details of the tatting and chenille.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is really good. It looks great when I enlarged it.

    ReplyDelete