Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Saturday, August 7, 2010


"The Moat"
11 x 12 1/2 watercolor on Arches paper $75.00
Hi everyone,
I'm back from 10 days in Northern Ireland where I was painting with a group under the instruction of Grahame Booth. I was visiting my daughter, Kelli and my son-in-law, Mark---they were painting, too. We had a grand time! This is a watercolor from the first day of painting, and I have to say it was difficult for me to be loose and free with the watercolors, rather than painting in my normal way with lots of detail, done rather slowly. But I learned a lot even on the first day, especially about using tone, or as we say in America, value.
Actually this painting is a little better and brighter in real life, as my photography here was not the greatest. (I must get a new camera!!) In the next few days I will be telling you a good deal about this holiday and putting some photos on of the beautiful scenery as well as Grahame's demonstrations and Kelli and Mark's paintings, as well as other paintings I did. Also I will be telling you about our little "Eat Fest" as we traveled around and about a wonderful chef I met. So keep looking. For now, it is the first day back and the mowing has to be done

No comments:

Post a Comment