Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Sunday, August 15, 2010


"Irish Coffee Shop"
8 1/2 x 11 watercolor $85
While in N. Ireland, we went to Greyabbey and there is a gorgeous courtyard with shops on either side, huge amounts of beautiful flowers and plants, so this is the coffee shop there. I took photos galore, as there is subject matter for a huge amount of paintings. The bike was from a photo I took in Donaghadee in front of a florist, so I combined parts of different photos. I am trying to get more value and contrast in my watercolors and more pure and non-muddy colors. I think this one was successful and love the play of shadows and the colors in the flowers. Click on it to see details. Notice the lace curtains. Your comments are welcomed! By the way, I know alot of you haven't signed up as a follower. Take a minute to do so---it is easy! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment