Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Saturday, August 28, 2010


Something different!
Sketch from my sketch book---not for sale---collection of the artist.
You can see the line up the middle where the sides of the book meet. When in Northern Ireland, one of the ladies in our painting holiday workshop worked exclusively in her sketch book. It was impressive the amount of work she did to later use in her studio. When I got home, I bought a nice sketch book from Dick Blick and have been doing every few days a fast pencil drawing, embellishing it with thin washes of watercolor and then working it over quickly with a Micron 01 pen that doesn't bleed through to the next page. It is so fun and I am doing these very quickly with no stress. I have ideas for later more elaborate paintings plus I am learning to be looser in my applications. I have always kept sketch books, but scattered here and there in various little notebooks, etc. that you can never find when you need them, so I am determined to use only this one and keep it handy when I travel, etc. If you are an artist, I suggest you try keeping a sketch book yourself. Very liberating and fun! Click on drawing to see details.

1 comment:

  1. Love your sketchbook & looking forward to seeing more from it - wish my drawings looked half as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete