Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Wednesday, August 11, 2010


"Irish Row Houses"
watercolor on Arches paper $75
We were about 1/2 mile from Donaghadee at the Commons Recreation Ground and this was looking toward the houses, rather than into the park at the beach. These colorful Victorian apartments caught my eye, so I opted to paint them. I was trying to use various colors of green, too, as our instructor was telling us about making lots of green colors with our basic blues and yellows. It was fun, but not my favorite painting! However, everyone has different tastes and some of my painting mates really loved this. This is the last one to show you from the painting holiday in Northern Ireland. Now I am back in the studio in hot Florida sorting through almost 200 photos I took there! I will be doing some more Irish paintings---I have so many lovely scenes and some outstanding florals. There were beautiful flowers and plantings everywhere, too, and I have a photo of a lovely tea room garden. Here's to Northern Ireland----love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment