Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Tuesday, August 31, 2010


The lace is almost done! I have some shadows to put in as the still life develops. I would have had the whole thing finished if I hadn't had to mow today for 4 hours (5 1/2 acres) and that is with 2 of us mowing on different mowers. But I don't want to rush this and the silver gravy boat will have a lot of reflections and then roses take time, too. So keep watching for the finished painting. Oh, and I wanted to tell you about something I saw for the first time in all my years---two rainbows circling around the sun, like a target. It was awesome. And of course I didn't have my camera because I was on the mower. I've never seen anything so pretty---makes me think of the verses in the Bible about God setting his bow in a cloud to show a covenant between God and the earth, and the bow would be a reminder that God would not destroy the earth again with water. (Genesis 9:13-17) I always think of that when I see a rainbow. Click on the lace to see the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment