Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Thursday, November 4, 2010

"Waltzing Duo"


"Waltzing Duo"
5 1/2 x 5 1/2 watercolor $60
THE STORY BEHIND THIS PAINTING:
My mother was a teacher and she received gifts from her children at Christmas. One year she received a huge bottle of "Blue Waltz" perfume , bought at the dime store, from one of her school children. It was the strongest, loudest perfume you can imagine and "cheap", too, and she would never wear it. Well, my brother and I were teens at the time and he had a very heavy date one Sat. night and was primping and combing, etc getting ready. So I sneaked out the big bottle of "Blue Waltz" and headed for his old car! I opened the hood and liberally dashed perfume all over the motor, then did the same inside the car, under the seats. I waited in the shrubs outside to see what he would do. He came outside all polished and in a sport coat, all slicked up and good looking, and I waited in the shrubs! He saw me, ignored his little sister and opened the car door and got in. Boy, he was out in a flash, yelling at me "I'll get you for this!" He dashed into the house, back in a jiffy with two eggs. I took off running as fast as I could go through the alley and all over the little town we lived in, with him right behind me with the two eggs. It didn't take long for him to catch me and cram the two eggs into my hair, yolks, shells and all! That was just one of our teen pranks!
So yesterday I got a surprise package in the mail. It said Vermont Country Store. What could it be---I love surprise packages! I opened it to find two little bottles of "Blue Waltz" perfume and a note from my brother, "Here is something you have wanted all your adult life"!I am still laughing! I just had to paint them (don't have the nerve to open them up and take a sniff).
If I did, you could probably smell it on this blog!!!Ha, Ha. Maybe this painting will stir up some memories for you, too.
To enter my Painting Give Away, sign on as a Follower. The painting called "The Yearling" and a wonderful book by that same name could be yours. Contest ends Dec. 1
Thanks for looking at my Blog! Thanks to my new followers! Egretta

No comments:

Post a Comment