Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"Raggedy Ann and Andy"


"Raggedy Ann and Andy" sketch from my sketchbook---not for sale
My studio is full of Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls! It is not my doing! A few years ago, I asked friends and family to help me gather up these cute little dolls so that I could put them on a Christmas tree and donate it to Hospice in their Christmas fund raiser. The response was over-whelming! I made a six foot tree filled with dolls and at the silent auction it raised $350 for Hospice. However, I had some dolls left over. And still people are bringing me Raggady Ann and Andy dolls. I hope they quit soon, as I am over run with dolls. Maybe I will do another tree or donate them. Anyway here is a sketch done with a pen and enhanced with watercolor.
Cheerful little red heads---I hope they make you smile!

1 comment:

  1. How adorable and vibrant; you must have an amazing sketchbook!

    ReplyDelete