Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"Still Life with Ball Jar"



"Still Life with Ball Jar"


9 x 13 watercolor on Arches paper $150


Here I am deviating from my plans of concentrating on egg tempera! I guess best laid plans often go astray....... Seems I just have to paint lace and reflections with watercolors for awhile, so that is exactly what I am doing! Click on this to see the details.


Don't you just love old Ball canning jars with those zinc lids! And that pretty turquoise blue color. These jars are great for displaying old marbles, wooden spools, buttons and the like. The little dessert dish is Depression glass.

Your comments are appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful painting! I love the way you paint glass and reflections, and flowers, and lace!

    ReplyDelete