Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Grandmother's Treasures"



"Grandmother's Treasures"


11 x 15 Watercolor


$175


I have finally finished the still life I sat up last week. I used some things from my grandmother's time.....a piece of crochet, a granite ware coffee pot and a Fransiscan cup and saucer, as well as an old quilt. The flowers echoed the old fashioned look. The painting has a soft, sentimental look which is soothing inspite of all the different textures. Memories of the past often give us much joy and this painting is meant to do just that! I hope you like it.

2 comments:

  1. The picture warms the heart. Well done with watercolor delicate and gentle. Beautiful work! P

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so pretty! Love the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete