Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Threading the Neddle"

"Threading the Neddle"

11 x 14 Egg tempera on gessoed panel

Not for Sale

I finished it!! Talk about stewing over something.... I did! I suppose the reason was because this was a painting of how I remember my grandmother Worley who passed away in the 80's. I was trying to get it to look like her, which it does..SOME.. but not to my satisfaction! I only had a small frontal view photo of her and it was very hard to see, so I just tried to do it from memory. She was a quilter and made many beautiful quilts.

I am glad to finish this! Click on it to see a closer view.

2 comments:

  1. Egretta, I was wondering who the model was... There is a distinct family likeness between your grandmother's picture as you have painted it, and the photo of yourself in your Sidebar - so I reckon you must have done better than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good and looks like her. Alot of detail in the painting too. My blogger was down for a couple of days so I couldn't comment on posts.

    ReplyDelete