Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Friday, February 4, 2011

"Hibiscus on the Windowsill"


"Hibiscus on the Windowsill"
10 x 15 watercolor
SOLD
This was interesting to do. I stenciled the lace for the background using real lace as the stencil. I like to paint lace in many different ways. It is always the white of the paper left white in watercolors, so it is always a fun challenge! Hibiscus are all over Florida, so you don't have to look far to see them in all different colors.
This painting is sold, but I may have something similar. Please click on older posts to find other flower paintings. Also click on this one to see the lacy details. Thanks for looking at my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Another really pretty painting. I love the hibiscus and the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice - but I have to say that my favourite Hibiscus is the red one.

    ReplyDelete