Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Saturday, December 18, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Favorite Painting Count Down

"
"Regal Swan"
8 x 10 acrylic on canvas SOLD
This painting was done also from a beautiful photograph by a fellow blogger. You can visit his blog at http://marksvegplot.blogspot.com/
I took some liberties in the colors of the water, playing up the regal aspect of the colors. I love the shadow of the bird's neck on her body. This painting reminds me at Christmas of Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker and Dance of the Swans.
This is number 6 in my Count Down! Keep Looking!

2 comments:

  1. Your painting looks as great as ever Egretta. I've decided to await the arrival this coming week of my daughter Fiona (aka my "Style Consultant") before deciding where to hang it. Thanks for the mentions of my blog.

    ReplyDelete