Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Monday, July 21, 2014

"The Green Door"


"The Green Door"

16 x 20 Watercolor

$175

I'm still doing some experimental things with the watercolors. In this one, I only used the three primary colors of red, yellow and blue. It is amazing how many other colors you can create from limiting yourself to these three. I did some "pouring" in this one and some wet into wet techniques, as well as texturing with salt and with paper towels and almost dry paint. Fun! 


2 comments:

  1. Great painting. I really like the tree and the shadows, and the colors you've used. I think this might be my favorite one in your new collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Egretta - this is a lovely piece. Looks like your experiments are creating some amazing art. Hope you have a lovely week-end.

    ReplyDelete