Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Monday, May 27, 2013

"Garden Pick of the Day"

"Garden Pick of the Day"

12 x 9 Watercolor

$65

A departure from my usual "tightly"done realistic paintings, I am purposely trying to paint in a looser style and have a bit of fun doing it! I did this wet into wet, just playing with color, layering and splashing on shapes. That is not to say that it is any quicker or less thoughtful, but the results are different than I have been doing flowers. What do you think? I really like it and hope to do a series of florals in this manner. Your comments are appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. I love this painting, Egretta. It's gentle, it's warm, it's calm and delicate, yet bursting with wonderful colours and a feeling of happiness that comes with looking at a beautiful bouquet. I can nearly smell the gentle fragrances in all these lovely flowers.

    I'm looking forward to enjoying more of these 'loose' and flowing still lifes from you. This really is lovely. - June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your nice comments! Good to hear from you, June, and hope your art is going well. I will be looking at your blog, Egretta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I like your painting, very pretty and different from you normal style. There's something about it that makes it really interesting to look at.

    ReplyDelete