Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Sunday, April 14, 2013

"Pink Hydrangeas Still Life"

"Pink Hydrangeas Still Life"

12 x 12 Oil on Stretched Canvas

$125

This is a photo of 2/3's of this painting, which is 12 by 12 inches square. I cut three huge blooms of a hydrangea plant  and put them in a vintage pottery vase with a little pottery pitcher nestled up to them. For the background I used a piece of upholstery cloth with muted flowers on it, picking up my pinks and blues. Hydrangeas are hard to paint because they are a bunch of little blooms all together, even overlapping, but I am always up for a challenge. Hope you like it! Your comments are appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Despite the difficulty of painting such a complex flower, I think you have risen well to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very beautiful painting! I like the way you've showed 2/3 of the flower arrangement.

    ReplyDelete