Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Beginning a new painting....

Hi Everyone,
I have the beginning of a new painting to show you. It is from my travels in the Cotswold section of England last August/September. The quaint villages were so beautiful and this painting is of a little tea room at Bourton on the Water. I am doing some interesting dry brush work on the stones. Click on it to see a closer view. I have LOTS to do, but thought you might enjoy seeing something underway. I have found it difficult to paint daily since Christmas, as there are so many other things in ones' life to take up time....often things that have to be done, but that you had rather not do, such as work on taxes, do a clean out which can take months, and then of course, just daily drudgery of keeping the place tidy. I have always said that artists need personal assistants to take care of everything. Dream on!

3 comments:

  1. Love the new painting. I too struggle with finding time to clean and time to create. Creating usually wins and then by the end of the week I have a mess to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy seeing your work in progress. It's looking really good. Time for cream tea!

    ReplyDelete