Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Monday, December 31, 2012

"Flower Pot Man"

"Flower Pot Man"
16 x 20 Watercolor on watercolor canvas, framed
$300

I painted this one "plein air" at Heathcote Botanical Garden in Ft. Pierce, Florida. It was my first experience with painting on canvas made just for watercolors and I found it quite interesting and exciting. The canvas doesn't take the pigment as readily as paper, but it is great fun to do washes and paint wet into wet on the canvas. It was more like working with tints and I find that getting darks is a bit harder (and more muddy) than on paper. However, I was pleased with this painting, which captures the essence of a tropical garden. Click on this to enlarge and see the variance in colors, which is quite beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Egretta - this is lovely - I have just recently painted on watercolor canvas too...it does have a different feel but I love your flower pot man. Thanks for sharing. Have enjoyed following your blog this past year and am looking forward to visiting in the new year. Please have a Happy One - God bless

    ReplyDelete