Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Painting thoughts and plans

Hi everyone, I have been taking some days to contemplate exactly what I hope to achieve in the coming year. As I told you on my blog anniversary, I feel posting a painting daily makes me rush sometimes to complete something. I am more interested in quality than quantity. So I won't be posting daily, but just whenever a painting is done to my satisfaction. Then I have been thinking about specializing in one medium, so I have looked carefully at all my body of work for the year and I feel the egg tempera ones really are my best and most expressive works. I love the luminosity of egg tempera, I love the layering that one can do to achieve the luminous quality and I love the fact that one can get very nice details with egg tempera. After deciding that egg tempera will be my medium of choice and the one I will focus on, I then began to search myself for the answer as to what I want to achieve with that medium. What subject matter will I focus on? I am still pondering, examining my work, etc. So I have not been painting for a few days. Bear with me and hopefully I will soon have something new to show you and a clear and concise view on what I will be trying to do. More to come, Egretta

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very exciting, can't wait to hear more. And what subject you will focus on. Must be very difficult to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting insights into yourself and what you want to do. I'm not familiar with egg tempra, perhaps you could tell about the medium in one of your blogs. Why is it called "egg" tempra, and where do you get it?

    ReplyDelete