Flower Pots at Heathcote

Flower Pots at Heathcote
9x12 acrylic on canvas

Tuesday, June 15, 2010


"Summer Zinnias"
8 x8 watercolor $45
The Zinnias in my garden are the only flowers really loving the heat. They faithfully bloom every summer and reseed themselves, and they are one of my favorite flowers, especially suitable for cutting and bringing inside. I tried this painting on some watercolor paper I had (not Arches) and the difference is striking to work on! I won't name names, but if you are starting to watercolor paint, I would invest in Arches 140 lb. paper or 300 lb., in either cold pressed or rough. Maybe I will do another painting similar to this soon on Arches and you will see the difference. This turned out o.k, but I had to do much more glazing, so it took alot longer.
My grandson, Austin, is visiting this week, so it is hard to get alot of painting done between going to see movies, swimming, and playing games! He is a joy, though, as is his older brother, Andrew, who is in Ireland this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment